Resonance FM 22/1/15





















Last night's Resonance FM show was the penultimate in this series. I started the show with Ethiopian musician Teshome Meteku and followed that with Fool's Gold, an American group strongly influenced by Ethiopian pop and jazz. I contrasted that with the glistening kitsch sound of De De Mouse, before spinning a trio of tunes jumping from the US to Japan to Greece. First was the Hasidic surf-rock group Meshugga Beach Party, then the breathy Shibuya-kei singer Kahimi Karie, then finally the Greek psych-folk singer Mariangela. I closed the show with a noisy cover of 'Lean On Me', by Underwater Peoples artist Andrew Cedermark.

Dig That Treasure (22/1/15)
Teshome Meteku - Gara Ser New Betesh
Fool's Gold - Nadine
De De Mouse - Little Twin Stars
Meshugga Beach Party - If I Were A Rich Man
Kahimi Karie - Zoom Up!
Mariangela - My Dear Life
Andrew Cedermark - On Me

No comments:

Post a Comment